For the Best in Local Street Food, Music, and Wild Wonderful fun in the Woods – Rumpus has it all.
We’re so exciting to reveal our full line up of music, entertainment, eco and craft activities, and literary programme, for our event on June 9ththis year. The festival will have a real focus on nature, with woodland and eco-friendly arts & craft activities at the centre of the programme. There is also a full line up music and entertainment too, including a Samba Band and the fantastic New Orleans style brass band – Brass Funkeys that will have everyone dancing.
‘Everyone has been so enthusiastic about the concept of Wildwood Rumpus – inspired by a desire to get back to nature, away from screens and have some fresh air and fun!’ commented Alex Ruczaj, marketing director for My Little Festival. ‘Adding in the local writers to tell stories, with the arts, crafts and eco activities, such as the stunning Land Art for kids team who create truly beautiful sculptures and art, from nature, there will be plenty to entertain all ages. We also have live music lined up from 4pm, street food and bars open all day– we think this will make for the perfect small festival for the whole family to enjoy and we can hardly wait for the 9th.’
Eco Friendly Activities/Arts & Crafts
- Landartforkids.com – Richard shilling, is a leading environmental artist who, along with Julia Brooklyn, creates beautiful natural art sculptures and pictures from nature. They will bring aready toolkit of various materials and take over the large grassy area at the far end of the woodland site. Families and kids can drop in and create something intricate, a large construction as a team, or individual sculptures on their own. During the event different groups influence each other with their ideas. You can also gather materials from the woodland. Come and create something incredible!
- W.I.L.D (wildlore.co.uk)– W.I.L.D. runs courses in bushcraft, survival and traditional woodland skills. They will lead trails through the woods, foraging workshops, den building and more.
- Wildings Craft School – Come and make dream catchers, wild wands, bird feeders and more with this wonderful craft school.
- The Fairyland Trust –Meet the Fairy King and Queen, can you spot the fairy doors in the tree trunks and follow the fairy trail through the woods. The Trust is a registered charity- raising funds to create new wildflower meadows.
Heffers’ Literary Programme
Come to the literary tipi for stories, readings, poetry and workshops, including:
- Glenn Dakin, cartoonist and author based in Cambridge. He has written for famous comics and children’s TV shows, such as BBC’s Shaun the Sheep. Join him for fun and nonsense poems!
- Inbali Iserles, award-winning writer, known for her popular Foxcraft series, is an irrepressible animal lover, based in Cambridge. Join her workshop and share her love for animals and writing.
- Katie Dale, is an actress and author of children’s books, and will read form her novel Mumnesia!
- Sarah Finnan – author of Yankee Doodle Stangely and Erik the Lone Wolf. Join her for a workshop and reading
- Katherine Mann and Laura Robson Brown, are the creators of Will and Fitz, the Cambridge Cats. Laura will read from the books – and look out for those cats in the woods!
- Students from the leading ARU children’s illustration course will also be there running activities and workshops – including the chance to contribute to a giant mural.
- Make a Hedgehog our of a recycled book – workshop with the wonderful Inspiration Station
Music Line Up – from 3pm
- Bubble Disco– dance in the sun to your favourite teeny-bop hits with the kids, and dodge the bubbles!
- Fruity Clavé– Let’s get grooving with the Samba Band – a spicy percussion ensembleperforming music that has roots in Brazilbut drawing influence from all around the world. Listen to stomping Brazilian rhythms fused with modern British percussion, creating a sunny carnival atmosphere!
- Tiger Blue–are a truly eclectic four-piece bandfrom Cambridge – an elusive blend of our many influences, including folk, blues, jazz, country, reggae and rock n roll. Come sing and dance-along!
- SJ & The Pigs– The fantastic country folk band – will entertain and get you smiling and dancing!
- The Brass Funkeys– An 8-piece London-based Brass band who draw on traditions of New Orleans. They have played at major festivals such as Glasto and Wilderness – an energetic and infectious show – foot stomping is a must!
- The Early Night Club–The longstanding club night has been keeping parents happy and dancing for almost ten tears. Popping up at the festival for the final hour and a half, to end on a high. One parent take the kids, one dance? We’re not saying which! Or let the kids join in for once?
Entertainment & Workshops
- Woodland Procession– go wild in the woods with music and theatre – a Theatre troupe will lead a procession of craziness through the trees in the afternoon and entertain around the site.
- The Flying Seagull Project – Charity Partner – The Flying Seagull Project are a charity that work with widely varying groups in several countries to help bring smiles and happiness to people, whether as Clown Doctors for children undergoing difficult medical treatments or through arts, music and crafts workshops. They work extensively in refugee camps. Double the fun, the super Seagull double act will put on a hilarious show, with giggles, gasps and games galore! They will also run a charity Face paint stall – for a donation, get glittered up!
- Find Your Inner Spirit Animal– Access, trained clown and comedian – Amanda Kelleher will run this fabulous workshop that will involve much romping through the woods, hilarity and roaring!
- Find the Mad Hatters Tea Party– Climb through the woods and happen upon the mad hatters tea party – learn how to decorate and make beautiful cupcakes!
Food & Bars
Enjoy the best of Cambridge street food, and two bars.
Fired Up Pizza
The Mac Daddy
The Rural Coffee Project
The Duck Truck
Provenance Horsebox tacos
The Churros Bar
The Gourmet Brownie Company
The Spirited Mare serving cocktails, Bloody Marys and Prosecco on tap.
Mother’s Helper – Gin, wine, & beer
Tickets selling fast. Tier one still available at £65.00 per family of four, £20 per adult, £15 per child . Buy from www.thewildwoodrumpus.com
If you think you can get a group together – contact us about our ambassador scheme and reward for selling 8 tickets or more.